When it comes to making money through real estate investments, you need all the help you can get. That’s why comparing tools like Mashvisor and AirDNA is essential in making the right decision for your 2022 property investment.
Mashvisor and AirDNA are two of the most popular tools when it comes to investing in short-term rentals.
Both offer a wide range of features that can help you make informed decisions about your next property investment.
I’ll go over all the features the platforms offer including their rent analyzers, reports, insights, and more – so you can decide which platform is the best fit for you.
Let’s take a look at the pros and cons of each platform to see which comes out on top.
Mashvisor vs AirDNA Overview
Here’s a quick overview of both platforms.
Mashvisor is a data analytics platform that shows investors the expected performance of investment properties in any city and neighborhood in the US.
You can easily analyze future real estate trends and outcomes based on historical and comparative data in the area you’re looking to invest in.
Mashvisor takes care of everything – from finding the right property, to analyzing its profitability and potential return on investment (ROI).
When you search for investment properties in an area, Mashvisor will show you all the property listings with the potential to make money as a traditional rental or as an Airbnb rental.
It also organizes data from multiple sources and makes it easy to crunch the numbers on several properties from around the country. This can help you quickly get all the facts on multiple markets without having to do a ton of research.
Here are some key features:
- Heatmap tool: This tool helps you see how investment properties in specific neighborhoods are performing.
- Search page: This helps you see a list of all the publicly listed properties on the market. Mashvisor does the calculations to show you a few important numbers on each property, like the traditional cash on cash return, traditional cap rate, Airbnb cash on cash return, and Airbnb cap rate.
- Neighborhood analysis page: Here, you can see how well investment properties are performing in that specific area and what the optimal options for an investment property in that neighborhood are.
- Property analytics page: Once you find a good neighborhood to invest in and a few properties that match your criteria, you’ll be able to use this feature to find out which one has the highest profit potential.
- Property finder tool: This tool helps you quickly find the best rental property in your area of choice without having to go through a deep analysis process.
- Property marketplace: Here you’ll be able to find thousands of off-market properties including foreclosures, short sale properties, and bank-owned homes.
AirDNA is a platform that helps real estate investors find profitable investment properties. They do this by providing competitive insights, custom reporting, and interactive dashboards to better understand key trends in the short-term rental industry.
You can easily get access to millions of data points so you can determine if a property is a good investment as a short-term rental.
AirDNA provides interactive maps and graphs showing the historical data of cities, neighborhoods, and individual properties to help you estimate the success of a property in a particular market.
It also offers a wide variety of reports so you can see not only how well a property is performing, but also get an idea of future trends in the market.
Here are some key features:
- Market research: Get insights into the performance of your market and a better understanding of the trends in the short-term rental industry.
- Dynamic pricing: Optimize your vacation rental pricing strategy and get customized pricing recommendations based on real-time market demand.
- Investment tools: Get an estimate of what a specific property could earn as a short-term rental. Compare properties side-by-side to get a better idea of the best investment opportunity in a particular market.
- Performance benchmarking: See how a vacation rental will perform in comparison to similar properties in your market. This can help you forecast booked rates, lead times, and occupancy.
Mashvisor and AirDNA Key Features
1. Find a property
Finding a property with Mashvisor is simple. The platform offers multiple features to help you find the best rental property in your area of choice without having to go through a deep analysis process. You can use the Property Finder Tool, the Heatmap Tool, the search page, or the Property Marketplace.
The search page helps you see a list of all the publicly listed properties on the market. Mashvisor does the calculations to show you a few important numbers on each property, like the cap rate or cash on cash return for both traditional rentals and Airbnb rentals.
The Heatmap Tool is a great way to see how well investment properties are performing in that specific area and what the optimal options for an investment property in that neighborhood are.
The Property Finder Tool can help by quickly finding the best rental property in your area of choice. These properties are automatically sorted based on their performance to show you the best rental opportunities at a glance.
Finally, the Property Marketplace is Mashvisor’s exclusive marketplace for off-market properties, so you can easily find below market value opportunities in your area. This feature is great for finding foreclosures, short-sale properties, and bank-owned homes.
Get started with Mashvisor
AirDNA has fewer tools available when it comes to finding a particular property. The main tool they offer is the Airbnb Rental Finder which helps you find an investment property that is already being rented out on Airbnb.
You can enter in your criteria, like location and price range, and the tool will show you a list of properties that match your search.
AirDNA will also show you how much the property is earning, the occupancy rate, and the monthly revenue. As far as analyzing an area, AirDNA has an excellent tool called the Market Minder.
The Market Minder is a great way to see how well investment properties are performing in that specific area and what the optimal options for an investment property in that neighborhood are.
However, if you are looking for a more comprehensive platform that offers multiple ways to find an investment property, Mashvisor is the better option.
Get started with AirDNA
AirDNA is good if you already have a particular property in mind and want to see how well it would perform as a short-term rental.
Mashvisor is better if you’re starting from scratch and want to find the best possible investment property in your area.
2. Analyze a property
Once you’ve found a property that you’re interested in, Mashvisor offers multiple ways to help you analyze it.
Mashvisor provides estimates of how much you could make with a particular property as a traditional rental or Airbnb rental. You can get all kinds of data about the property including:
- Rental Income
- Cash Flow
- Cash on Cash Return
- Cap Rate
- Occupancy Rate
- Monthly Expenses
Another helpful feature for analyzing a property is the Investment Property Calculator. With this tool, you’ll be able to input your costs, like interest rate, property tax, and maintenance to get the most accurate estimate of your return on investment.
AirDNA has a similar tool to Mashvisor’s Investment Property calculator called the Airbnb Rental Income Calculator.
With this tool, you’ll be able to input your costs, like interest rate, property tax, and maintenance to get the most accurate estimate of your return on investment.
AirDNA also offers a few other helpful features for analyzing a property.
You can see how much the property is earning, the occupancy rate, and the monthly revenue.
AirDNA’s Rental Analyzer is a great way to see how well investment properties are performing in that specific area and what the optimal options for an investment property in that neighborhood are.
Mashvisor has more comprehensive tools for analyzing a property. If you’re looking for the most accurate estimate of your return on investment, Mashvisor is the better option.
3. Compare properties
With Mashvisor you can analyze Airbnb and Traditional listings in your area to see how similar they are to a property you’re interested in investing in.
You’ll be able to compare a few factors including:
- Airbnb Occupancy Rate
- Airbnb Nightly Rate
- Airbnb Ratings and Reviews
- Rental Income
- Overall Rating
- Number of Bedrooms and Bathrooms
This is a great way to get an idea of how your property will stack up against other listings in the area and what you can do to make yours stand out.
Mashvisor’s Insights tab will also provide you with an overall score of the property, neighborhood, and Airbnb market so you can evaluate different investment opportunities at a glance.
AirDNA’s My Property tool allows you to compare your listing to others in the area.
You’ll be able to see how your property stacks up against other listings of similar quality, amenities, and size. This is a great way to set a benchmark for your property and estimate future occupancy and rates.
AirDNA’s My Property tool will also provide you with an estimate of your property’s monthly revenue and how that stacks up against other listings in the area.
Mashvisor’s tools allow you to compare your property to other listings in more detail. With Mashvisor, you can see how your property stacks up against other listings in terms of overall rating, rental income, nightly rate, and more.
Mashvisor vs AirDNA Pricing Plans
Mashvisor has three plans available for $17.99, $49.99, and $74.99 per month.
AirDNA has three plans available ranging in different levels of access. Their MarketMinder plan is available for $19, $39, and $99 per month. The Global Plan with unlimited access is available for $999 per month. And AirDNA has an Enterprise plan available with custom pricing.
Let’s dissect their pricing options in detail.
Mashvisor Pricing Plans
- Lite ($17.99 per month) – Analyze individual properties. You’ll get traditional rental income analysis, Airbnb rental income analysis, and ROI analysis for individual properties based on rental comps.
- Standard ($49.99 per month) – Get all the features in the Lite plan, plus the ability to compare and research the most profitable properties, neighborhoods, and cities based on your criteria.
- Professional ($74.99 per month) – Get all the features in the Standard plan, plus the ability to analyze large datasets and find off-market investment opportunities.
Get started with Mashvisor
AirDNA Pricing Plans
- MarketMinder ($19 per month) – Get an overview of your local Airbnb market with data on occupancy rates, nights booked per month, average monthly revenue, and more. You’ll have access to one market with less than 100 active listings.
- MarketMinder ($39 per month) – Get all the features in the previous MarketMinder plan, but with access to one market with 100-1000 active listings
- MarketMinder ($99 per month) – Get all the features in the previous MarketMinder plan, but with access to one market with more than 1000 active listings.
- Global Plan ($999 per month) – This plan provides you with unlimited access to AirDNA’s data in 191 countries and the full range of features that AirDNA has to offer. You’ll also get pricing, pacing, and investment data on 10 million active listings.
Get started with AirDNA
Choosing the best data analytics platform for your real estate investments is no easy feat.
Both Mashvisor and AirDNA are platforms suitable for making an informed decision when it comes to finding and analyzing properties for investment purposes.
Each platform has its own unique set of features, with Mashvisor’s focus being on allowing you to find the best investment opportunity based on in-depth market analysis.
AirDNA, on the other hand, provides you with an estimate of a property’s monthly revenue and how that stacks up against other listings in the area.
Mashvisor is the winner because it offers more detailed information about how your property stacks up against other listings in terms of overall rating, rental income, nightly rate, and more. Mashvisor also provides a better bang for your buck. AirDNA’s tools are less detailed and don’t provide as much information about your listing’s performance. AirDNA’s pricing plans are also more expensive, especially if you want unlimited access to their data. Mashvisor is the better option for investors who want to find a property, want detailed information about it, and want to know how it compares to other listings in the market.
Get started with Mashvisor