More people are choosing to rent vacation homes instead of staying in hotels. The trend has been growing for a few years now and doesn’t seem to be slowing down.
There are a few reasons for this. First, vacation rental homes usually cost less than hotel rooms. Second, vacation rental homes often have more amenities than hotel rooms, such as kitchens and laundry facilities. And finally, vacation rental homes usually have more space than hotel rooms, which is perfect for families or groups of friends traveling together.
With so many choices of vacation rental apps, it can be hard to know which one is best for you. To help you out, we’ve put together a list of the best vacation rental apps. This article will cover the pros and cons of each app, so you can make the best decision for your next vacation. We’ll also outline the benefits and features each app offers to travelers looking for a vacation home to rent.
So if you’re planning a trip and considering renting a vacation home, be sure to read this article first.
Let’s get started.
What Are the Best Vacation Rental Apps?
Here are my picks for the best vacation rental apps to help you book the perfect vacation home:
If you’re looking for a comfortable and memorable vacation rental, look no further than Vrbo. Vrbo has become one of the most popular vacation rental apps and has been operating since 1995. With over 2 million properties in several countries, Vrbo has a rental perfect for any type of getaway. Whether you’re looking for a cozy cottage by the ocean or a downtown loft with easy access to all the best nightlife, Vrbo has you covered.
Plus, with Expedia’s acquisition of Vrbo in 2015, you can book your rental with confidence knowing that you’re dealing with one of the largest and most reputable vacation rental companies in the world.
- Multiple family-friendly rental options available
- Offers a wide range of filters to help you find the right place
- Wide range of homes available all over the world
- Prompt customer service
- There are no shared spaces available for booking on Vrbo
- Some users feel it lacks cancellation flexibility
Looking for a unique and affordable place to stay on your next vacation? Airbnb has you covered, with over 7 million listings in many countries and regions. You can find rooms, apartments, houses, and even treehouses on Airbnb, all at a fraction of the cost of a hotel. And with more than half a billion guests served since 2008, you can be sure that Airbnb is doing something right.
In addition to traditional rental properties, Airbnb also offers experiences and activities led by local experts, as well as restaurant recommendations from locals. So whether you’re looking for a place to stay or something to do, Airbnb has you covered.
- Multiple types of accommodations available, like unique stays and shared spaces
- Several reviews and ratings available for most listings
- Extremely user-friendly app and booking process
- One of the most popular vacation rental apps on the market with millions of users
- There can be many fees depending on the listing
- Much of your experience depends on the Airbnb host
Looking to book your next vacation but dread the thought of navigating multiple travel sites? Booking.com can make your life easier. With one of the most comprehensive offerings in the travel booking market, Booking.com makes it simple and easy to find and book your perfect vacation.
Whether you’re a first-time traveler or a seasoned jetsetter, Booking.com’s user-friendly interface makes it a breeze to find and book travel accommodations. And with over 29 million listings in more than 227 countries and territories, you’re sure to find the right place for your next vacation.
- Ample customer service capabilities
- Option to book flights, cars, airport transportation, and accommodations all in one place
- Option to book experiences
- Package and bundle deal offerings available
- Fewer reviews available than on other sites
- Can be more expensive than other options
Booking a rental through Expedia is a great way to get access to some of the best deals on vacation rentals. With access to all kinds of short-term apartments, you’re sure to find a match for your needs. Expedia.com was launched in 1996, making it one of the first online travel agencies.
Since then, they’ve helped millions of customers make air, car and hotel reservations online. Now, their lodging offerings are a staple of business travel. Booking a rental through Expedia is a good way to get a sense of what’s available without wading through multiple websites.
- Ability to bundle transportation and accommodations
- Flexible payment options
- Several deals available on travel and experiences
- Trusted name in the travel industry with several many of experience
- Some users find the cancellation policies confusing
- Can be pricier than booking directly on other platforms
Vacation rental searching should be easy and seamless, and with HomeToGo it is. They are the world’s largest vacation rental marketplace, with listings from thousands of trusted partners. Whether you’re looking for a beach house, cabin, apartment, or anything in between, they have several options for your next trip.
Simply enter your destination, dates, and desired amenities, and they’ll show you a selection of available rentals. Their price comparison feature makes it easy to find the best deal, and with one click you can book directly through their partner site.
- Can help you find a lower priced deal that you wouldn’t have found otherwise
- You can compare prices from multiple platforms
- Aggregates listings from multiple rental sites
- Detailed searches and filtering available
- Users have complained about price transparency
- Third-party app rather than a direct booking option
The TripAdvisor platform is where thousands of vacation rental owners and managers list their properties, from private rooms to luxury villas. No matter what your budget or travel style, they have a rental that will suit your needs.
As the world’s largest travel site, TripAdvisor has a wealth of user-generated reviews and photos to help you make the best decision for your next trip. You can also use their “Things to Do” section to find activities and attractions near your rental.
- Large, trusted platform with several listings available
- Offers payment protection for travelers
- Several travel guides and experience reviews available
- Coves many types of stays, from economy to luxury rentals
- Bookings are not made directly through TripAdvisor
- Confusing booking experience for some users
FlipKey is a vacation rental marketplace owned by TripAdvisor. With over 800,000 rentals in approximately 200 countries, FlipKey has wide reach as a vacation rental app. Most users find it to be a cost-effective way to book a rental, as they offer a variety of discounts and deals. They have flexible cancellation policies and a best-price guarantee, making it more of a worry-free experience.
Overall, the app has proven to be a helpful tool in the booking process, with many users finding it easy to use and navigate.
- Simple registration process
- Diverse range of rental options
- Transparent and detailed rental listings
- Backed by TripAdvisor
- Less rental options available than other platforms
- Primarily used in the United States
What Is A Vacation Rental App?
A vacation rental app is a mobile application that allows users to book vacation rentals, typically short-term rentals of apartments, houses, villas, and other lodging options.
Vacation rental apps are becoming increasingly popular as they offer a convenient way to find and book accommodations. They often have a wide selection of rentals to choose from, as well as user-generated reviews and photos to help you make the best decision for your next trip.
They differ from hotel booking apps in that they typically allow you to book directly with the owner or property manager, rather than through a third-party website. This can often lead to better deals and more spacious and unique accommodations.
Why Use A Vacation Rental App?
There are several reasons why you might want to use a vacation rental app to book your next trip.
First, they offer a convenient way to find and book accommodations. You can typically do everything from your phone, which is great if you’re on the go.
Second, they often have a wide selection of rentals to choose from. This gives you more options and allows you to find the perfect rental for your needs.
Third, they typically have user-generated reviews and photos. This is helpful in making sure you’re booking a rental that meets your expectations.
Finally, they often allow you to book directly with the owner or property manager. This can often lead to better deals and more unique accommodations.
The vacation rental market has become increasingly competitive in recent years. With so many choices out there, it can be hard to know which app is the best fit for your needs. The best vacation rental apps, based on our findings, are Vrbo, Airbnb, Booking.com, HomeToGo, Expedia, TripAdvisor, and FlipKey.
Each app has its own set of pros and cons, so be sure to read through our reviews before making your decision. We recommend Vrbo for those looking for a wide selection of family rentals, Airbnb for those wanting to book a unique experience, and Booking.com for those on a budget. But remember, the best app for you is the one that best meets your needs.